So the time came when you wanted to buy a beautiful aquarium. There are many adaptations, technical means to maintain and maintain aquarium inhabitants in the aquarium, close to their real-life conditions.
The main tool in the aquarium to maintain the conditions that aquarium fish need is: an aquarium heater, an air pump, a filter, lighting and oxygen. Immediately the question arises, how to install a heater in an aquarium?
1 How to choose the right aquarium water heater
style = "display: block"
data-ad-client = "ca-pub-9337857885889635"
data-ad-slot = "9967522739"
data-ad-format = "auto">
Without a heater and vodshny pump you can not do. The heater maintains the desired water temperature, and the water pump supplies oxygen for aquarium fish.
Among novice aquarists, the question arises: what power should an aquarium water heater have and what causes affect water temperatures in an aquarium:
For most aquarium fish, the average recommended water temperature should be 20-25 degrees Celsius. When choosing the power of the heater you need to follow simple calculations.
Approximately 0.6 W of heater power for an aquarium goes to one liter of water. Also, when choosing an aquarium heater, several factors should be considered:
- What is the room temperature, where is your tank;
- Draft indoors;
- What forms your aquarium, its displacement;
- Placement of the aquarium in the house;
- The presence of the cover on the aquarium and lighting.
Thermostat for aquarium water heater
Aquarium heater is selected in accordance with the above factors. The main thing in the aquarium heater is its power, which is selected in accordance with the size of the aquarium.
ATTENTION. It is not recommended to make, and then use the heater for the aquarium with your own hands.
If you decide to purchase an aquarium heater with a thermostat, then it is better to buy it with a power reserve, a good trusted manufacturer.
Today, there are many companies and manufacturers for the production of aquarium heaters:
- Water heater aquarium JBL (JBL) ProTemp S 150, 150 W – made with a 150 W thermostat. The thermostat is covered with a plastic casing so that aquarium dwellers do not get burned. When removed from the water, this heater is triggered protection, and immediately goes off the heater. The price of a heater for an aquarium of this type will cost you from 1000 rubles and more.
- Heater aquarium Resun (Resan) SUNLIKE 50 – consists of a quartz body with a two-layer coating. It has an automation system. When using this heater for an aquarium, it is immersed completely in water. At a given desired temperature, the heater turns off itself. When the temperature of the water in the aquarium decreases, the heater automatically turns on itself. The price of a water heater for an aquarium of this type will cost you from 500 rubles and above.
- Aquael Aquarium Heater – Produced with gold plated contacts. These contacts increase the service life of the heater for the aquarium. It has a power control that can be used to set any temperature in your aquarium. It has a black beautiful body that does not spoil the view in the aquarium. It can be used both in freshwater aquariums and in marine ones. On average, the price of a heater for an aquael aquarium will cost you from 720 rubles and up.
2 Types of heaters for the aquarium.
To date, there are many types of heaters for the aquarium. Here are a few of them:
Submersible Aquarium Water Heater – this type ensures uniform and constant heating of the water in the aquarium.
The submersible water heater circulates the water in your tank, thereby creating an aquifer. Such heaters are easy to operate and use. They are easily connected to the thermoregulation system.
It is necessary to use this heater having lowered it completely in water. This type is fixed with the help of ordinary suction cups and have silicone winding. Due to this, their service life increases.
Important. It is strictly forbidden to turn on the water heater for an aquarium without immersing it in water.
Instantaneous water heater for aquarium – works as follows. This type of heater passes through a stream of water. In such a heater is a special heating element, which heats the water.
In other words, it turns on automatically when water flows through it. In this heater, the most important is the heating element, which must be of high power.
Aquatic suction cup heater
The disadvantage of this flow heater for the aquarium is that it consumes a lot of energy. Buy aquarium heater of this type, you can from 2740 rubles and above.
You must purchase a thermometer for an aquarium heater. Today there are possible types of thermometers. The most optimal will be a mercury thermometer, which is installed in a vertical position on the other edge of the aquarium from the heater. There are also electronic thermometers, which are equipped with a sound signal.
Recently began to use liquid crystal thermometers. It looks like a regular ruler with a scale. The downside of this thermometer is not an accurate reading of the water temperature. We do not recommend using such thermometers.
to menu ↑
2.1 Maintenance of aquarium heaters
Over time, aquarium water heaters do not heat the water well enough, and pollution begins to appear on them.
To avoid this, it is necessary to periodically clean the aquarium heater. To do this, completely disassemble the heater is not necessary. First of all, when cleaning the aquarium heater, you need to disconnect it from the mains.
After that, the body of the heater can be cleaned with a conventional rigid sponge. If there are boiler stones on the heater, they are removed by special means. After that, the heater is washed with running water and installed back into the aquarium. This procedure should be done every two months.
to menu ↑