A water pump — a device designed to saturate water with oxygen and mix water streams — is considered one of the essential elements of each aquarium. In practice, in small "cans" vodushny pump can be replaced by a filter with aeration function.
What is the best filter or air pump for the aquarium?
PROVIDES A HIGH AERATION DEGREE
NOZZLES, HOSES, VALVES ACQUIRED SEPARATELY
IT IS POSSIBLE TO ADJUST AND DISTRIBUTE AIR SUPPLY
NOISE AT WORK
EXCLUDES THE EMERGENCE OF STABLE ZONES
NOT ALL MODELS CAN CARRY OUT THE ROLE OF WATER PUMP
SIMULTANEOUSLY FILTERS, AERIZES AND MIXES WATER
THE QUALITY OF AERATION WITH TIME WORSHIPS
AT A HEIGHT OF THE AQUARIUM OVER 50 CM AT THE BOTTOM, A "FREEZER AREA" IS CREATED
In the general case, for a small aquarium (up to 50 liters), especially in the presence of living plants, a filter will suffice. In large volumes, aquariums without plants or populated by certain species of fish (for example, cichlids), as well as in high-temperature water, the filter cannot cope with the tasks of a water pump.
What to look for when choosing a water pump for an aquarium
- Type of. Membrane models practically do not wear out and do not require interruptions in work. They consume less energy, but they also develop power not as large as piston water pumps designed for aeration of large aquariums (conditionally from 150 liters).
- Power supply. Most devices are powered by mains. If such a device is not equipped with a check valve, then if the light is suddenly turned off, the water from the aquarium can flow through the water pump to the floor, not to mention that the fish remain without aeration. There are also variants of water-powered pumps on batteries: they are usually small, portable, have less power. In everyday life it is useful to have both options: the main electric water pump and the spare one on batteries.
- Power measured in liters per hour and shows how much air will be fed to the aquarium per unit of time. The minimum power can be calculated by the formula: 0.5 l / h for each liter of water in the aquarium.
- Depth, on which you can install a water pump, also plays an important role. The harder the water column, which will have to overcome the unit during operation, the more energy will be spent on this work.
- Opportunity adjust voltage and, accordingly, the volume of air supplied is useful, but is not present in all models of water pumps.
- Air filter, which will clean the air from dust and other impurities before it enters the aquarium.
- Noise level. All water pumps are noisy, but in varying degrees. If the aquarium is in the bedroom, then it makes sense to buy a relatively quiet model, spending a little more money, but be prepared for the fact that completely get rid of the noise does not work.
Top Aquarium Air Pump Rating
The best powerful water pumps for aquariums
Models from this part of the rating are distinguished by the best indicators of power and energy consumption. Such a device can be safely put in a large and deep aquarium.
The ideal ratio of price and quality allowed the water pump from Eheim to take the deserved first place. The name reflects the performance of the device – 400 l / h, while it consumes only 4 W and provides a power of up to 2 m. The model has two channels that can be adjusted independently of each other, and is designed for an aquarium of 50-400 l, and the design of the device allows you to service at the same time several "cans", totally not exceeding this volume.
When placing the water pump, you can use anti-vibration rubber feet or a mount for hanging in a convenient place – in any case, the device will work quite quietly. The attached sprayers are attached to the wall of the aquarium using a suction cup and are equipped with a system for regulating the size of the bubbles and the force of the air flow. The water pump is suitable for fresh and salt aquariums.
The cost of the device starts from 2500 rubles.